Sunday, March 31, 2013

We're Here Again With Our Stuff

So according to some, moving is one of the most stressful things in a person's life.  It's right up there with death and divorce.  We have now moved four times in one year.  But we have arrived.  Add a toddler and a sluggish, under-productive thyroid into the mix and you have even more trouble.
  We've been without most of our things now for about a year as they have been packed and never unpacked, or packed and re-packed. I am amazed at how good it feels to just have my stuff again in one place, even if a large portion of it still is packed away. It makes me a little sad that I need that stuff. I wonder if that means I identify with the stuff...?
  Having been without it for some time, I think it's more that all of those things make life more enjoyable, that's why we get them.  Knitting needles and yarn, paints and paintbrushes, old books, cast iron waffle irons.  None of them are necessities or they wouldn't have stayed packed away.  But they are those things I'm always trying to get back to.  A lot of hobbies etc. suffered immensely after my son was born.  They were stuffed away with no time and no energy to touch them. A combination of poor health and an extra colicky baby, and then a very active kid who has needed lots of adult engagement.
  How I would love to be one of those SuperPaganMoms somehow managing the energy for artistic endeavors, life-fulfilling work and Coven-leading all at the same time.  The way my life and energy work, I have to parcel out the energy and time commitments to just a few at any given moment.  I would love to be able  to burn the candle at both ends without simply burning out, or just have the energy and health to do all those things and still feel great.  It is something to strive and hope for.  It is why I am constantly looking for new techniques for health. I want to feel really great. Here is to move number 4, may it be our lucky number!
So Mote It Be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Part! Leave a comment if you wish!