Monday, September 17, 2012

Bad Witch, Bad

So we've been here for several months now, and I just got around to warding my child's bedroom.  I know, I know, that should've been one of the first things that I did, but as formula follows form, it takes me awhile to get around to some things.  These next two moves have and will be particularly harrowing for me. While I've moved many many times over the years, I've never moved with a toddler before.  It is particularly exhausting for me.
  Usually I sage the place out before we even move in.  This time was different.  Try taking the sage bundle out (that your mother- in -law thought was a massive Dooby) and chanting, while going about your husband's late Grandmother's house.  It just wasn't going to happen.  While I am out of the broom closet to my family, I only bring it up in special circumstances and carefully, they don't see me practice--ever.  I am after all, going to hell, and bringing out something even as innocuous as a sage bundle simply reminds them and brings up the whole mess again.
  Back to my point though.
My son has been having nightmares, I can only assume.  Since we've been here he's been waking up screaming.  I figured he was unsettled by the move.
  One night, a few weeks ago, he awakes wailing. I run up the stairs and find him staring, wide-eyed, at the "attic" door. Now, this place is a 1 and 1/2 story, there's no real attic, but there are  three doors in his bedroom.  One leads to a little dwarf-sized door that he plays in and has been cleaned out.  The other houses century old bed frames, clothes and other items to be stored, from my husband's grandparents.  The place is so crowded it is impassible, and we are not to move the things in there.  We sort of live around all their old stuff, our stuff is just in the way...
  I conclude that something is living in the storage/attic space.  No, not a racoon, something else.  I really have no idea what, I've never seen it, or even heard it, but even getting close to that door bothers me in a way I can't explain.
  My first Wiccan teacher once told me if you invite and maintain relationships with healthy nature spirits etc. in your home, there will be no room for the nasties, they will chase the nasties out.  In our case, we can't even get in there.  So what is a concerned Mommy-witch to do?
  I sealed the door and did an LBRP for good measure.
That night as I crawled, dead-tired, back into bed, my also magickally-inclined husband says to me "you know honey, that room always used to scare me when I was little, I thought I could hear or see something in there, both the little door and the attic door."
Why didn't he tell me earlier??? Wouldn't you think that was important? Especially after weeks of torment. I am sure he didn't remember until just then.  Really though, the lesson here, is purify first and ward asap...maybe next move!
  No more nightmares or screaming so far, weeks later.  I did, however, come upstairs one day and find that attic door slightly ajar.  I found this odd, since my son could not have pulled the door open, he wasn't opening doors at the time, and the doorframe was swollen and it was difficult for me to close fully again.
I re-warded it and do so regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Part! Leave a comment if you wish!