Thursday, May 9, 2013

Phase 2 Toddler Weaning


Well, it took me awhile to get to phase 2, I decided against last week to cut out the next cherished morning nurse.  It was cold and snowy and depressing, I decided it was a bad week for us to have a battle of wills.  This week though, we don't really have any good excuses.  This morning I didn't tell him he could never nurse in the morning again, I just told him to wait till after breakfast.  If he nurses at that point, he will still be taking less milk (since he'll be full already) and we will still be on the road to weaning. He still whined and got up early etc. but he took it pretty well considering.  Proof that he is getting better at this weaning stuff.  He's been through it before, giving up the night time nursing was tough, hopefully everything after it will be familiar. 
  I dread cutting the last nurse though, I don't know how he's going to handle it.
  The reason I am leaving the naptime nurse there till last is I am hoping that it will slowly get cut out. He doesn't always have a nap during the day, or sometime it gets moved around because we are traveling or spending time with family and friends.  That will mean that sometimes the nursing would just happen every other day etc. until finally it just gets cut out (hopefully without being noticed too much).  Cutting out nursing at bed time or the morning though, is hard to make disappear without him noticing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Part! Leave a comment if you wish!